Eclipse Engineers, PLLC is a locally-owned firm that was founded in April 2009 in Lexington, Kentucky that specializes in water and wastewater services for municipalities, water districts and water associations. As can be seen from our past projects, members of our staff have a broad range of experience in water and wastewater design. We offer services beginning with the initial concept of a project through the completion of construction and our network of experienced subconsultants give us the same capabilities as a full-service firm.
With local control and low overhead, we will provide excellent, expeditious service on all of our projects.
Specific experience that makes Eclipse Engineers uniquely qualified includes the following:
- A President that is involved and will stay involved with projects and the client through the duration of the project.
- A staff that strives to remain at the forefront of emerging technologies in water treatment and distribution as well as wastewater collection and treatment; therefore, providing excellent, unbiased recommendations of the best available technology available to fit the client’s unique application.
- The ability to provide GIS and GPS services to survey-grade accuracy.
- A staff that is proficient in obtaining all required permits from the various regulatory agencies including encroachment permits from the Kentucky Department of Highways; floodplain, water quality, and construction permits from the Kentucky Division of Water; and stream crossings permits from the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Proven design management and cost control solutions that result in competitive bids and keep projects within budget.
The President of Eclipse Engineers, Alan Robinson, serves as Project Manager for all projects. He has over 13 years of design and project management experience in the field of water and wastewater beginning as a surveyor in 1997. We believe our background knowledge; relevant experience with water and wastewater treatment plants, water distribution systems, and sewage collection systems make Eclipse Engineers uniquely qualified to perform work for your Utility. We have the resources available to meet any schedule and with our low overhead, we have the ability to provide a very cost competitive broad list of services.
Kentucky Tech Vocational School, 1991-1993
Computer, Software, and Surveying Experience
Autocad Versions 9 – 2012
Land Development Desktop
Versacad - Mac version
Mr. Childer’s experience spans 20 years in the field of Computer Aided Design Drafting software and surveying equipment. Mr. Childers has experience is both AutoCAD and Microstation software in almost all aspects of civil engineering including water and wastewater design, site development, stormwater design, roadway and traffic signal design, cut/fill calculations, and landfill design. Mr. Childer’s surveying experience includes operation of GPS equipment and EDM equipment such as total stations and robotics equipment.
•Main Street Waterline Replacement, 8,000 feet of 12-inch DI; City of Marion, Marion, KY •Survey-grade GPS Mapping of Valves and Fire Hydrants; Laurel County Water District No. 2, London, KY •I-75 Frontage Road Waterline and Sanitary Sewer Relocations; London Utility Commission, London, KY •Ninth Street Waterline Replacement; London Utility Commission, London, KY •Mitchell Creek Road Force Main Repl., 3,400 feet of 12-inch PVC FM; London Utility Commission, London, KY •KY 2168 Waterline and Sanitary Sewer Relocations; City of Danville, Danville, KY •Several complete Wal-Mart design plans, quantities and earthwork calculations. •Speedway Superamerica arcitectural and civil design plans. •Subdivision design, including road plans, utility plans, grading designs, lot layouts etc. •Field to finish one man robotic land surveying and all associated mapping.